LEADERSHIP: What State Government is Missing
The challenges facing our state are well known: state government is a mess.
The solution isn’t another dead-on-arrival plan or a typical politician’s acronym. The solution is leadership, and Mick Cornett is a proven leader, recently recognized as #25 on Fortune Magazine’s list of the “World’s 50 Greatest Leaders.”
Mick was the visionary mayor of Oklahoma City who worked with citizens, businesses and community leaders to take on big challenges and succeeded in making Oklahoma City one of the best run cities in the country. He knows we can do the same thing for our state.
His leadership, vision and record prove he can fix the mess at the State Capitol.
- Led the city in achieving 17 straight years of balanced budgets, a 15 percent rainy day fund and the highest bond rating available
- Promoted a pro-growth environment, with nearly 100,000 new jobs and 10,000 new businesses created
- Grew and maintained Oklahoma City into one of the most diversified economies in the country with one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country
- Spearheaded a city-wide revitalization that included bringing the state its first NBA franchise
- Directed major infrastructure and public-school improvement projects, which created nearly $6 billion in local, private-sector investment