Sequoyah County Times: OKC Mayor Making Run for Governor
Finishing his fourth term as mayor of Oklahoma City, Mick Cornett has now set his sights on being governor of Oklahoma.
A Republican, Cornett said he plans to visit all 77 counties in the state and made a stop in Sequoyah County Thursday. One of the visits in the county was at Your TIMES office.
Cornett spent 20 years in broadcast journalism as an anchor, and covering sports and news before becoming mayor of Oklahoma City.
During his tenure as mayor, he helped recruit the NBA to Oklahoma City, started a citywide fitness initiative, worked on passage of MAPS 3 and made changes to the city’s approach to walkability, place-making and planning….
- Politico: Government isn’t working — so mayors say hire them
- Journal Record – Cathy O’Connor: Mayor leaves city in better shape
- The Oklahoman: Cornett delivers final State of the City address
- Tulsa World: OKC Mayor Mick Cornett has early lead in Republican governor’s race (SoonerPoll)
- (WATCH) “CBS This Morning” Hosts Republican Candidate Mick Cornett