McAlester News-Capital: OKC mayor, gubernatorial candidate visits McAlester
Mick Cornett wants to change the culture at the State Capitol — if given the chance.
The Oklahoma City mayor and 2018 gubernatorial candidate made a campaign stop Thursday at McAlester’s Harbor Mountain Coffee House to discuss his platform and the toxic political atmosphere at the capitol.
“It has become all politics, all the time,” Cornett said of the capitol. “It is overly partisan; it is rural versus urban; it’s Oklahoma City versus Tulsa; it’s Republicans fighting Democrats; it’s Republicans fighting Republicans.
“By the time you get through all that friction, it seems like the daily session is almost over,” he continued. “I don’t think that the Legislature has fully addressed the types of issues we expect it to address because they get caught up in the daily war and not looking after the state’s best interests.”…
- Politico: Government isn’t working — so mayors say hire them
- Journal Record – Cathy O’Connor: Mayor leaves city in better shape
- The Oklahoman: Cornett delivers final State of the City address
- Tulsa World: OKC Mayor Mick Cornett has early lead in Republican governor’s race (SoonerPoll)
- (WATCH) “CBS This Morning” Hosts Republican Candidate Mick Cornett